Tips to Select Best Credit Card Processor for your Business
Different types of companies offer credit card processing for businesses. Among them, banks are the most well known. Banks however, strictly scrutinize your business before accepting your application. So, if yours is a small or a start-up business, chances are dim that a bank will oblige. The other type, third party processors, accepts credit cards and carries out all the aspects of transactions. Independent sales organization is yet another type of credit card processing company that is actually a registered credit card merchant broker. They often represent one or more third party processors. They too accept credit cards and carry out all transactions. Some companies have trouble obtaining a credit card merchant status due to the type of industry. For such companies, associations such as business and trade associations, offer efficient credit card merchant processing.
Whichever you may choose, a good credit card processing company can make a marked difference to your business. It makes the whole process of online shopping a pleasure for the customers and for the business owners it provides the best combination of speed and functionality. Selecting a good company is not too difficult if you follow these simple tips –
- Look for credit card processing companies that have been in the business for a while and have a good reputation. This is perhaps the best way to avoid fraudulent companies who may lure you with low overall fees, but may cause great business losses. Carry out a little research and study the track records before deciding.
- Check out all the types of fees the processor charges. Most business owners tend to cheek only the discount rates (the regular percentage charged per transaction). Although this is important, you also need to compare other fees and charges such as transaction fees, monthly fees, up front fees, software fees, gateway fees or any other. Some credit card processing may try to fool you with low discount fees and charge exorbitantly for their application fees and statement fees. Watch out for these.
- Ensure that your credit card processing company can accept credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and also debit cards.
- Your credit card processing company must be able to provide speedy and round the clock service. The statements and procedures must be easy to understand.
- Check out about the processing equipments offered by your credit card processing company. Find out also if you will be trained to use the equipment well and understand the responsibilities you have as a business owner.
At AMS, we provide you advanced efficient and flexible credit card processing solutions. Since we constantly monitor our competitors, you can be sure that you always receive the best possible price. We guaranty satisfaction to the business owner and convenience to the customer.